(February 17, 2017) – Pawling Public Radio (PPR) WPWL 103.7 Chair, Bill Bonecutter is pleased to announce the Friday night Music Hall Showcase Series is taking the show on the road with plans to visit Music Venues all across the lower Hudson Valley. The first stop of the tour takes place TONIGHT at the Reverie Caffe at 21 Front Street in Patterson from 8-10 PM.
The first Music Hall Showcase Fundraiser was introduced July 2016. The show format consists of 3 lower Hudson Valley Region music acts performed on Friday evenings from 8-10 pm. Over the past 6 months the team at WPWL has been broadcasting and recording these performance live at 103.7 FM and streaming over the station’s website, www.PawlingPublicRadio.org.
Tonight’s program will be hosted by Pawling Public Radio’s Jacque Roche and will be presented to a live audience in the station’s lobby at 26 East Main Street in Pawling.
- Andy Kuusisto –will be performing music from his recently released CD, Lemons and Bananas and can be found “all over the usual social media sites.”
- Mike Hoanzel and Fabian Valente of The Awedit – will be presenting their progressive instrumental rock as a duo.
- Inner Worlds – Founding members Pat & Joan Roche of Patterson, NY perform contemporary Jazz Fusion along with their band members that is guaranteed to blow your socks off!
“We are going to provide the Community with a family friendly 2-hour music program that will include raffle prizes, free giveaways and some really great music Roche remarks. WPWL invites you to join us at Reverie Caffe for two hours of some amazing music you’ve most likely never heard before.”
Raffle prizes include:
- A gift package from the Brewster Ice Arena that includes; free time on the ice in Brewster, and a pair of tickets to see a Danbury Titans game in Danbury, CT.
- Fresh-baked cookies from K’s Mini Cookies in Bedford Hills.
- 2 gift certificates from Reverie Caffe for $25 each.
- A 15-minute reading by Psychic, Francine Tesler at Pete’s Restaurant and Saloon in Elmsford.
- Newly published and beautifully illustrated hardcover book entitled, Harvest: Unexpected Projects Using 47 Extraordinary Garden Plants, donated by one of Pawling Public Radio’s Show Contributors, Lisa Kelsey.
FB Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1396713917039766/
The suggested donation is $10 for adults and children ages 12 and under may attend for free. With the donation entrants will be eligible to win a free door prize. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased ($2/ticket or 5 tickets for $5).
Tickets are available at the door on the day of the event.
Public radio is a 501 © (3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to gathering and communicating information of local interest and broadcasting at 103.7 FM, as well as Internet streaming 24/7 to the Lower Hudson Valley Region including Pawling, Patterson, Dover and the surrounding communities. All money raised at this event will go towards PPR operating costs
PPR currently broadcasts on 103.7 from their studio located at 26 East Main Street in Pawling. WPWL also updates a volunteer-run website at www.pawlingpublicradio.org that features cultural reviews, local events, music/book and movie reviews and anything of local interest. All of PPR’s programming is locally produced and recorded. For additional information, visit the station’s homepage at http://www.pawlingpublicradio.org.